Vulnerability Scanning (Clair)
Prerequisite: Please make sure to install Build and Deploy (CI/CD) integration. To install it, click here.
Clair integration enables you to scan the vulnerabilities of the images during the time of image build only.
While building the container images, it is important to know how secure the application is, before it is deployed. In the source code , the third party libraries and outdated libraries might be used that can add vulnerabilities to the images we deploy. Devtron provides Clair integration for scanning vulnerabilites of the images.
- You can enable image scanning if it is required.
- You can set security policies according to your requirements.
- If you set security policies to
block, it blocks deployment of the application.
- Ability to define hierarchical security policy (Global / Cluster / Environment / Application) to allow / block vulnerabilities based on criticality (High / Moderate / Low).
- Compares the vulnerabilities against a whitelist.
- Shows security vulnerabilities detected in the deployed applications.
- 1.On the Devtron Stack Manager > Discover page, click the Vulnerability Scanning (Clair).
- 2.On the Discover Integrations/Vulnerability Scanning (Clair) page, click Install.
The installation status may be one of the following:
The integration is not yet installed.
The installation is being initialized.
The installation is in progress. The logs are available to track the progress.
Installation failed and the logs are available to troubleshoot. You can retry the installation or contact support.
The integration is successfully installed and available on the Installed page.
Request timed out
The request to install has hit the maximum number of retries. You may retry the installation or contact support for further assistance.
A list of installed integrations can be viewed on the Devtron Stack Manager > Installed page.